Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) generally prohibits any financial institution (including our agency) from sharing, directly or through its affiliates, nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of our agency. The GLBA further requires that we inform you that you have a right to prevent us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party for a purpose that is not specifically authorized by law. Your right to prevent us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party for a purpose that is not specifically authorized by law is called your right to “opt out” of such information sharing.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICESOUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- Information we collect: We collect nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information we receive from any other sources.
- Information we may discuss to third parties: We may disclose all of the information that we collect about you, as described above.
- Nonaffiliated third parties to whom disclosures may be made:
- A. Nonaffiliated Third Parties To Whom Disclosures May Be Made. We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties, unless you tell us not to, various insurance providers, insurance brokers, and general agents or managing general agents, fulfillment service providers, such as envelope stuffing services, financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, such as national banks and their subsidiaries.Federal branches and Federal agencies of foreign banks, and any subsidiaries of such entities, member banks of the Federal Reserve System, savings associations, the deposits of which are insured by the FDIC, and any subsidiaries of such savings associations, federally insured credit unions and any subsidiaries thereof, and others. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances: In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, our agency reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and county of residence and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service: (2) agrees to be our agency’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected: and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.